Holistic Therapy & Personal Development Services
Occupational Standards &
Fellows of the Society of Holistic Therapists & Coaches
Qualified to real standards
Adhering to NOS
Dedicated to Ongoing development
Adhering to codes of ethics
Involved in training provision
Therapists with Supervision access
First established 1993
Welcome to Scotland's Premier Therapy and Holistic Personal Development Site'Therapeutic care & Personal Development - The solution to your problems is in you'
Confidence and Self esteemThere are a couple of ways of thinking about confidence and self esteem issues. This depends on the therapy model you prefer to use.
1. Traditional psychodynamic approach: The confidence and self esteem is effected by various neurosis that are causing the person to be incomplete and negatively effected, thus resulting in poor self confidence and poor self esteem.
2. Humanistic approach: The person needs to work on achieving various things in life, filling a variety of needs and balances, thus enabling them to grow and become all they can be.
In reality these are just two ways of looking at the same problem. Certain events and learning experiences have caused the client to either fail to achieve self confidence, or have actually knocked their confidence. This then leaves the client with a need for two main things.
1. Resolve any issues, events, traumas, abuse, pain, grief etc that knocked them back or are holding them back now.
2. Find opportunities to expand, grow in confidence and improve self esteem.
The first part is often best resolved with those types of therapy such as counselling and psychotherapy methods that address past events, patterns and the perceptual part of development and learning.
The second part is a process, often driven by Behavioural work, that seeks to provide positive learning opportunities and experiences. This may be partly simulated in advance using visualisation, hypnotherapy, NLP and other forms of positive affirmation and therapy. Combined such preparation work, and actual experiences provide positive momentum and improvement. The preparation work that hypnotherapy and NLP can provide are essential in those cases where the client is not ready to try things straight away.
Confidence coaching and therapy
The process therefore tends to be:
1. Reduce stress level and prepare the client with positive affirmation work or visualisation using hypnotherapy or similar methods (such as self hypnosis, NLP, autogenics).
2. Begin addressing underlying causes, looking for understanding, patterns and through understanding the ability to reconcile, gain closure and undo any negative learning.
3. Define new opportunities and goals using Life coaching.
4. Boost where appropriate with affirmation, visualisation, hypnotherapy, NLP etc as appropriate.
5. Implement new behaviours
6. Monitor and adapt new behaviours for maximum effect using CBT self assessment methods.
7. Give the client time to settle, hit any snags, report back and sort out those snags, usually by having monthly or bi-monthly progress sessions in order to "round off" the whole program. These are often "put off" for a bit if all is going fine.
Self esteem consultancy and training
Stuart has written
courses in anger management coaching, stress management coaching, life
coaching (ASET Level 4 award) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (ASET
Level 5 Award). Confidence issues are an integral part of most therapy
processes and of all therapy practitioner training packages.
It is important to ensure that the practitioner is experienced since self confidence and low self esteem can become quite serious over time, and may result in self harm, eating disorders, self medication, depression or other negative behaviours.
In the first instance drop us an email or use the feedback form to contact us. We can then advise whether we feel we can appropriately assist you.
To Contact Therapy Services
From 2010 psychological therapy will also contain elements of mindfulness and CBT in order to increase client development between sessions.
We adhere to appropriate National Occupational Standards, carry professional insurance and support regulation of therapists. We support the coming voluntary regulation of psychotherapy and counselling. Stuart is a CNHC registered hypnotherapist (voluntary regulation of hypnotherapy).
Would you like to train as a professional therapist and gain an award from a fully accredited awarding body? Click: HERE
To Contact Therapy Services
use Email us
Words for Search Engines:
Edinburgh, Glasgow, Scotland. CBT, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and training. Counselling and psychotherapy. Counsellor and Psychotherapist. Hypnotherapy, Hypnotherapist. Life Coach, Life Coaching. NLP Neuro Linguistic Programming. Accredited Therapists. Registered Therapists. Therapy and holistic healing. Anger management. Stress Management. Diet and nutrition. Weight loss and exercise programmes. Crystal healing and gemstones. Pastoral and spiritual healing. Multi faith and Wiccan healing. Reiki and energy healing. Relaxation therapy. Confidence, nerves, depressed feelings, anxiety, depression, self help, self hypnosis, hypnotist, hypnosis, trance. Phobias, fears, panic, frustration, aggression, violence, abuse. Drugs and alcohol. Eating disorders. Addictions, smoking, drugs, gambling. Personal Development. Sports Hypnosis, performance hypnosis, NLP for sales and performance.