Holistic Therapy & Personal Development Services
Occupational Standards &
Fellows of the Society of Holistic Therapists & Coaches
Qualified to real standards
Adhering to NOS
Dedicated to Ongoing development
Adhering to codes of ethics
Involved in training provision
Therapists with Supervision access
First established 1993
Welcome to Scotland's Premier Therapy and Holistic Personal Development Site'Therapeutic care & Personal Development - The solution to your problems is in you'
Stress Management Counselling Edinburgh and GlasgowStress is naturally occuring. Without stress there would be no motivation. In emotional terms stress is the pressure that creates momentum.
Problems occur when too much stress, or the wrong sort of stress effects us.
1. Too much: when the stress (demands) placed on us outstrip out ability to cope (resources)
2. Wrong type: when we perceive the stress (pressure) as being negative and destructive, perhaps an attack or punishment or failure.
3. Extreme: Post Traumatic Stress where a severely emotional event or period of time causes shock, trauma or a negative learning experience.
Stress costs business millions of pounds in sick days and lost productivity. It costs individuals relationships, health, well-being and quality of life.
Stress has been shown to have serious long term health effects including hypertension, suppressed immune system, worsened medical conditions, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, headaches, skin conditions and worsened allergic responses.
Because of the potential physical and medical interactions of stress, you should always consult a medical doctor to ensure that any medical condition is getting the proper treatment.
Stress Management Counselling
The exact package of assistance should be dependent on the type of stress or stress factors present in the individual. No two cases are alike, and this is why "off the shelf" and "conveyor belt" methods are a waste of time.
2. Reduce current stress levels
3. Learn ways to channel stress in a positive way
4. Learn to perceive things differently, so they are less stress-ful
5. Learn to perceive things so that there is less "negative" stress
6. Ensure balance and an appropriate lifestyle and environment
Typical process for stress management CounsellingThe process therefore tends to be:
1. Reduce stress level and prepare the client with positive affirmation work or visualisation using hypnotherapy or similar methods (such as self hypnosis, NLP, autogenics).
2. Begin addressing underlying causes, looking for understanding, patterns and through understanding the ability to reconcile, gain closure and undo any negative learning.
3. Define new opportunities, activities and goals using Life coaching.
4. Boost where appropriate with affirmation, visualisation, hypnotherapy, NLP etc as appropriate.
5. Implement new behaviours
6. Monitor and adapt new behaviours for maximum effect using CBT self assessment methods.
7. Give the client time to settle, hit any snags, report back and sort out those snags, usually by having monthly or bi-monthly progress sessions in order to "round off" the whole program. These are often "put off" for a bit if all is going fine.
You might also find the Anger management page informative since the two issues are often related.
Stress consultancy, counselling and training
Stuart has written practitioner training courses in anger management coaching (Level 5 award), stress management coaching (Level 4 award), life coaching (Level 4 award), NLP (Level 4 award) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Level 5 Award). Confidence issues are an integral part of most therapy processes and of all therapy practitioner training packages. He also gained an industry award for a Stress Management training package for practitioners.Please note that the above awards were ASET accredited until Jan 09. Since Jan 09 they have been dual awards with a diploma from Stonebridge Associated Colleges, and also leading to an award certificate at the appropriate level from NCFE.
It is important to ensure that the practitioner is experienced since stress can become quite serious over time, and may result in self harm, eating disorders, self medication, depression or other negative behaviours as well ad various medical conditions. Therefore you should choose a well experienced practitioner. Also remember to ensure you have a check-up with your medical doctor!
In the first instance drop us an email or use the feedback form to contact us. We can then advise whether we feel we can appropriately assist you.
Denise is a CCC registered counsellor, Stuart is a NCP and NACHP registered psychotherapist and counsellor.
We adhere to appropriate National Occupational Standards, carry professional insurance and support regulation of therapists. We support the coming voluntary regulation of psychotherapy and counselling. Stuart is a CNHC registered hypnotherapist (voluntary regulation of hypnotherapy).
To Contact Therapy Services
Would you like to train as a professional therapist and gain an award from a fully accredited awarding body? Click: HERE
To Contact Therapy Services
use Email us
Words for Search Engines:
Edinburgh, Glasgow, Scotland. CBT, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and training. Counselling and psychotherapy. Counsellor and Psychotherapist. Hypnotherapy, Hypnotherapist. Life Coach, Life Coaching. NLP Neuro Linguistic Programming. Accredited Therapists. Registered Therapists. Therapy and holistic healing. Anger management. Stress Management. Diet and nutrition. Weight loss and exercise programmes. Crystal healing and gemstones. Pastoral and spiritual healing. Multi faith and Wiccan healing. Reiki and energy healing. Relaxation therapy. Confidence, nerves, depressed feelings, anxiety, depression, self help, self hypnosis, hypnotist, hypnosis, trance. Phobias, fears, panic, frustration, aggression, violence, abuse. Drugs and alcohol. Eating disorders. Addictions, smoking, drugs, gambling. Personal Development. Sports Hypnosis, performance hypnosis, NLP for sales and performance.